Shoulder Pain Treatment with our Imperial Chiropractor
Imperial chiropractor Dr. Paul Amato has been serving his community for over 15 years. At Advanced Family Chiropractic, he sees patients looking for help recovering from a variety of different conditions, including those affecting the shoulder.
Common Causes of Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain is often caused by the following conditions:
- Dislocated Shoulder: Shoulder dislocations can be partial or complete, and even when the humeral head "pops" back into place there may be long-lasting instability
- Shoulder Bursitis, Tendonitis, or Impingement Syndrome: repetitive movement, overuse, and poor posture can irritate the bursae, tendons, or ligaments in and around the shoulder, leading to tender pain, inflammation, weakness, and swelling
- Frozen Shoulder: this is a gradual yet marked and progressive range of motion loss at the shoulder, usually as an inappropriate consequence following an injury or illness at the shoulder
- Rotator Cuff Strain or Tear: the many small muscles around your shoulder are essential for stability and mobility; they can partially or fully tear due to acute injuries, overuse, and so on
- SLAP Tear: this type of injury occurs in the "superior labrum, anterior to posterior," which essentially describes where the injury occurs in the labral tissue (an inner lining in the shoulder)
We see these conditions in people with physically demanding jobs or anyone who performs a lot of repetitive arm movement, especially overhead (e.g., electricians, swimmers, etc.). A shoulder injury can also occur following any sort of personal injury like an auto accident or slip and fall.
Benefits of Shoulder Pain Treatment with Our Chiropractor in Imperial MO
When you come to see us for shoulder pain treatment, the first thing our chiropractor in Imperial does is take you through a thorough physical examination, X-rays, and patient history in order to make an accurate diagnosis of what's causing your dysfunction. Based on the results of his examination, he'll be able to devise an individualized treatment plan that can address your various impairments. Here are a few services he offers:
- Joint and spinal adjustments: gentle mobilizations at the shoulder relieve pain, and even spinal adjustments can improve pain and maximize shoulder joint alignment and mobility (the shoulder does rest on your ribcage, after all!)
- Cold laser therapy uses non-thermal light to trigger cellular metabolism for faster healing and reduced inflammation
- Corrective exercises helps you restore strength, range of motion, and stability at the shoulder—whatever you need to restore a healthy joint!