Get Treated for Knee Pain with Our Chiropractor in Imperial, MO
If you are suffering from knee pain, you know how it impacts just about everything you do. Simple daily activities like getting out of bed, climbing the stairs, or picking up groceries can become difficult and painful. The chiropractors at Advanced Family Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Imperial may be able to help alleviate your pain and restore your range of motion.
Common Symptoms of Knee Pain
You know when your knees hurt, but here are some of the other symptoms you may encounter that serve notice you may need to seek medical help:
- Swelling and excessive stiffness
- Redness that is warm when touched
- Weakness or unstable knees (your knee “gives out”)
- Excessive popping noises
- Inability to fully straighten your knee or reduced motion
You may experience a dull pain or constant ache, sharp or shooting pains, a dull burning sensation, or pain when your knee is touched or bumped.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Knee pain may be the result of trauma or injury, or simple wear and tear. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Knee Bursitis: An inflammation in the small sac of fluid that cushions your knee joint, called bursae. This fluid helps cushion the joint and protect it from wear and tear.
- Tendinitis: An irritation or inflammation of the tendons. These fibrous tissues attach muscle to bone.
- Sprain or Strain: A sprain or strain of the knee may include pain and swelling around the joint and lead to weakness in the knee.
- Frozen Knee: A painful disorder that limits range of motion and a loss of function. It can cause your knee to lock up, making it unable to bend or straighten.
- Gout: A form of arthritis caused by uric acid buildup.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory disorder that causes swelling and pain.
ACL injuries, dislocated knees, fractures, and torn meniscus, and bone tumors can be even more serious conditions.
How Our Chiropractors in Imperial Can Help With Knee Pain
While ice can often help to reduce inflammation and swelling around the joint, soft tissue massage and manipulation by a trained chiropractor and mobilization can help reduce pain and increase the range of motion. While some conditions may need surgery, a chiropractor will provide an initial examination and help you determine your best course of treatment.
Contact Advanced Family Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Imperial to Receive Treatment Today
If you are dealing with knee pain, get in touch with Advanced Family Chiropractic & Rehabilitation in Imperial and let us help. We are conveniently located on 5207 Warren Road, Imperial, MO 63052 or you can reach us at (636) 464-5900 to schedule an appointment.